Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Growing in Grace

It's been a good week so far. I've been trying to get into the habit of stopping before my attitude gets bad and asking for grace. It may sound simple, but God really does give grace to the humble, and I've found that when I recognize my complete dependence on his grace to get through the day (without sinning miserably:(, and stop (multiple times) and ask (sometimes it's more like pleading) for grace...He actually gives it to me, and i'm able to do what I know I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise (because I've tried!)

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." (2 Cor. 9:8)
I am so very thankful for this verse.


Last evening we went on a walk, and someone was shooting of fireworks. Joel was quite enthralled, so we let him sit on the driveway and watch. Evan was not enjoying them at all, so we finally went inside to watch from the rec room. Joel said "are those fire tractors?" 'It's fire crackers Joel" ah....

Last week I had a really difficult time with the boys in the parking lot of Wal-Mart, so last night I decided to go grocery shopping after the boys were in bed. Av had some work to do anyway, and I'm usually looking for something to do during that time. It went well, except that i was sooo tired. I didn't get home until 10:35, but overall, I think it was better. I might be trying that again next time (only hopefully a little earlier).
Evan has finally cut through his top teeth well, at least one for sure). This has been really hard for him, so I'm hoping he'll cheer up a little now. He's been eating finger food (like puffed rice and cheerios) lately. It's so cute to watch him pick it up and eat it. He's not too thrilled with his baby food anymore though. I'm trying to tell him that it's o.k. to like BOTH.

Today has been good. Evan was basically crawling today, so that makes me happy (except that he wasn't enjoying it very much). Oh yeah, I failed to mention that I gave Evan his first little hair cut the other day. Just around the ears, and one side is shorter than the other, but he was looking pretty goofy with his 2 long hairs (ok maybe 3 or 4). I weighed him today, and he's a little over 20 lbs. That's what I thought,, but it still seems so big. Where did my baby go?

No comments:

Post a Comment