Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fun school times

well, it's been a while since I've written (again). I just haven't felt very inspired lately. Probably the same reason I've been having trouble getting up in the morning and getting much done. Today was better though. I've been working on lesson plans for Joel for school, and we're making good progress. Today he learned several of the basic music symbols (treble clef, bass clef, rest, p (quiet), f, (loud) etc.). He even caught on to playing whole notes and half notes and counting (not on any particular key). He really enjoys taking turns being the teacher, so I let him show me the cards sometimes, and I play them too. He likes the Bob books so much that he wanted me to draw "Mat" and "Sam", and then he wanted me to draw one of the books (he loves drawing), then he drew Mat, and a sun from one of the pictures, but he kept saying it was broken because part of it was cut off in the picture. Then he drew jellyfish, and showed me how to draw them. Did I mention we had fun today:) Oh, and we took turns jumping on the trampoline and showing each other what to do. I thought that it would be a fun game until I realized that he had a bit more energy than I did, and when it was his turn to lead Mommy got tired out (I had already done my turn). Evan is now picking up little things to eat from his tray. I usually give him puffed rice, but he loves cheerios and bread. It's fun watching him try to grab them.
I'm glad today has been fun...I needed it after yesterday (grocery shopping with the boys, major fit in the parking lot, and I got too hot in the garden). I guess if every day were "good", I might get proud of my parenting and house running, so I need a "bad" one every now and then to show me how much grace I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment