Monday, June 14, 2010

4 years and counting:)


Well, we've had a good week. Thursday we celebrated our 4th anniversary. We dropped the boys off at Mom and Dad's in the morning and had a nice day just the two of us. We went by the church where we got married to walk around and reminisce. Then we went and walked around at Cheekwood, which was nice (although very hot). I got some inspiration for some of my gardens and enjoyed the art exhibits. I just have to say that i love my husband so much, and see more and more things to appreciate about him. He is truly an amazing friend and leader. I am so thankful and blessed. It just doesn't get any better in this life I don't think:)

Friday we had a little gathering at our house and my Aunt Nancy and her family came (to visit us and to see little Eden, since they can't travel with her yet). And Grandpa discovered Evan's first tooth! Finally...I had stopped checking because he's been teething for so long and there's never any evidence.

We went to AL to a family reunion (on my Dad's side) on Saturday, and that was a nice break. Joel has a hard time warming up to new people (actually that's probable an understatement, seeing as he will not even look at someone he does not know), but hopefully this will pass. The time in the car went well for the most part, and the boys were not too much of a handful. I missed going to church Sunday, and am hoping this week goes fast, so we can worship with God's people again soon.
I was not really looking forward to today, because I felt like I would be behind on things after being out Thursday and the weekend, but it has been really good. Joel slept in, so I was able to get some extra sleep as well (which I dare say I needed after not sleeping well for almost a week straight.) After Joel got up this morning, he went potty and asked for a treat. I said "After breakfast, because if you eat your skittle now it might make you feel sick. Let's wait until you have some food in your stomach." So he thought about it, and said "But the 'skillet' will touch my food." I was pretty confused, but then i figured out that he was trying to say that the "skittle" would touch the food in his stomach, so i told him that it would be okay. Anyway, I thought it was rather funny.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog because I find out things I didn't know or you forgot to tell me. I love the cute things Joel says; what a precious little boy he is. He is a special gift, that is for sure!

    Evan is getting so big; sitting up by himself; hadn't heard about that. How exciting!

    I love all of you so much! So happy you had a fun time on your anniversary. We had a fun time with the boys too!

    Love you lots,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete