Monday, February 15, 2010

typical Monday (and I love it!)

Unlike most people, I like Mondays. For some reason, I typically seem to get more done on Mondays (maybe because there's just more to do). I enjoy the beginning of a new week, and a return to the normal routine after the weekend. There were quite a few things to catch up on today, but I'm always happier when there is something to do. I don't like being bored and feeling unproductive (just ask Av...he had to hear about it all the time when I was on bed rest). I'm so thankful today for tasks to accomplish (especially ones that I mostly enjoy). I usually structure my day so that I do the things that I enjoy the least (i.e. dishes, bathrooms, etc.) first, so by the time I'm out of energy, I only have the things I enjoy left (like sitting here at the computer, or reading, or practicing piano). We had company last night, so I spent a little longer on dishes than normal, but Joel was patient, so that made it easier. After that it was a nice(?) game of aggravation. We only played about half of the game (playing it with Joel is aggravating for different reasons). Then we went up to exercise (i jump on the trampoline, and Joel plays duplos, or basketball). While I was doing crunches Joel said "Mommy, are you ready for this? I'm doing push-ups". it was pretty funny to watch. After Joel went down for a nap, I made bread and granola. It was enjoyable in a nice clean kitchen (but then, of course, I had to clean it up all over again.) I guess the title of this post isn't quite accurate, since there was one thing that made today pretty unusual. Av ended up working from home for half the day. He tried to get to work this morning, but because of the icy roads there were too many accidents holding him up, so he finally came back. We sure didn't mind ;). Well, it sounds like Joel is up (and maybe had an accident :( so I'd better get going...

1 comment:

  1. I like reading your posts because I can relate so much! I'm with you on liking structure in our world! I'm looking forward to the days ahead when we can incorporate outside time into our routine...You?
    Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete