Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blessed

so, Evan started saying "Dadada..." on Monday. It's just occurred to me that he's not going to be a little baby for much longer :( , but I'm excited to watch him grow up. Yesterday, I think I decided that Joel is about the sweetest big brother, ever. First, he was sharing his toys with Evan and trying to help him play with them. then, when Evan was in his car seat crying (because he wouldn't sleep because his gums were hurting), Joel went in there and spent about 20 min. with him, just talking to him, and giving him his toys to try to make him happy. I was busy working on taxes, but I could hear them in the bedroom, and it just made me so happy. Later, Joel prayed that Evan wouldn't be sad, and sang him "I'll love you forever" (which is our special song). Pretty frequently I hear Joel say "Evan's growing up so he can play baseball with me." I hope they can be best friends. I am feeling very blessed today (which I should feel every day). I got to spend more time with Joel teaching him writing (we practiced writing letters in salt with a straw), and working on his memory verses. It makes me wish I could spend less time on house-work and more time just enjoying my boys (I'm not very good at multi-tasking). hmmm...I'll have to think more on that one. Speaking of which, I better get off of here...so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment