Thursday, May 20, 2010

reading, writing, and soccer

well, I guess I've been a little lazy with this blogging thing lately. There have been a few things I wanted to write about. First, Joel is reading little Bob books. Very basic 3-letter words, but we are super excited, and the best part is that he is super excited too. He asks me almost every day if we can do "school" (today he said we could play soccer for school) and I am just trying to keep up. Today he wrote a thank you card and wrote the words "Thank you" after I showed him how. He loves writing. Evan turned 9 months on Tuesday, and that night he finally rolled from his back onto his tummy. I think he heard me say that I wished he would do something exciting for his birthday. It was fun. I think he's getting interested in mobility, but not crawling quite yet. The other night, I was changing him, and when he saw me get out his socks, he just straightened out his legs, and held his feet up waiting for me to put them on. I had to laugh. I wish I knew what he was thinking sometimes.
Joel helped me in the garden today. He's always asking for gardening gloves, so he won't get his hands dirty (and I can't find any his size), so I just put his socks on his hands, and he laughed and laughed. But hey, they worked fine.
My brain feels foggy today, so I'm not accomplishing too much (someone has started waking up at 4:30AM), and I'm a little discouraged, because like every plant in my garden has some sort of pest attacking it, but we're making it. God is good. I'm about to make some banana bread (can't wait to smell it baking).

No comments:

Post a Comment