Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy things

This morning Joel woke up crying, so Evan (who was trying to eat at the moment) and I went up there to see what was going on. Just woke up on the wrong side of bed, so he was soon over that. Then I stood Evan up so Joel could hug him, and Joel started playing a game where he would run full speed down the hallway and then run back right into Evan with a hug (he slowed a bit toward the end). Evan just laughed and laughed every time. It was great. It's so fun to see them playing. Joel still reminds me that he's waiting for Evan to grow up so he can play baseball with him.
Joel's new favorite word is "important". He says "This is just important Mommy, because..." He's getting way to grown up, but I wouldn't change it. We had a piano lesson today, and I am excited about that. He seems to listen to me better, and we had fun with it today:)
We've been spending a lot of time outside lately. The other night, I took Joel and Evan for a walk (except I was the only one walking). Joel rode his tricycle next to us, and I was surprised at how far he rode it, even uphill. It was a nice time.

2 comments:

  1. I love those boys! It was so much fun last night babysitting them while you and Av had a night out...They were both really good and Evan just giggled and laughed and seemed very content, even there at the end when he got very tired and wanted to nurse, he was still being a happy boy. Joel enjoyed his grandpa, riding his tricycle, watching the neighbor boys play football and watching The Incredibles. He turned a somersault off the ledge upstairs, but of course the fall wasn't far, but it did scare him. He is so funny and talkative and inquisitive and sweet to his baby brother. He kept giving Evan hugs and talking to him. I know he will be so happy when Evan is walking and he can be the big brother who shows the little brother what to do and how to do it. :)

    Like I said, I love those boys...I love you too!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete