Friday, August 13, 2010

odds and ends

Within the last two days, Evan has said "Mu" for "more", and "ba" when picking up and playing with a ball. Also, he started handing me things, and responding to questions with a sort of understanding, yet questioning tone (like he's asking a question back). It's kind of funny. Last night, we were at a restaurant and Joel stands up and announces, "I like lemonade...what's that?" (pointing to my lemonade). I just laughed and laughed. An interesting Joel sort of way to ask for a drink. Joel has just started telling us quite imaginative stories. On our way home the other night, he told me about how he went grocery shopping with Evan (when he was a man), and bought him sweet potatoes and carrots, and applesauce (with the green lid, because the blue one has sugar), and how Evan didn't cry in the store (that would be nice:)...then he would start a new story...he always changes the names of places in his stories so that they're more interesting. So, our house was a different house with a red garage door (????) and I wish I could remember more, because I was thoroughly entertained.
I just finished setting up an area for Joel to do his writing practice and drawing and other "school". I've been wanting to get him a little table and chair for a while now, so I'm glad it finally worked out. I'm quite happy with the whole set up actually. Let the learning...continue:)

No comments:

Post a Comment